Sunday, February 7, 2010

Bluegrass for the Blue

As many of our gentle readers may know who have ever endeavored to forge a product from their own creative juices, these fluids seep from the brain if and only if one is not depressed. After successfully posting everyday since the All God's Critters burst forth from my head in an Athena-esque mess its been a couple of days. At times it's hard to stay focused when one is unemployed and living back at home. The only input to the system is daytime television, failed sewing projects, and Trader Joe's Black Licorice Scotty Dogs, so it's not surprising when nothing is coming out. With this in mind, for the next few days I will be dedicating some posts to those thing which make bring me joy in most any circumstance.

Bluegrass Music
. Is. Awesome. While the argument can be made that nothing is "uniquely American" bluegrass music comes pretty close. It's beautiful, melancholic, honest, and often has a banjo, so it's pretty much the prefect way to spend an afternoon. I enjoy bluegrass, a working sewing machine and some macadamia nuts kick those mid-winter downs. Otherwise I am a girl of constant sorrow.


1 comment:

  1. I agree wholeheartedly.

    There is a podcast of a television/radio show called The Woodsongs Old Time Radio Hour. I've been listening to it for a while now, and I think you'd appreciate it. You can find it on itunes, or at http://www.woodsongs.com/

    ReplyDelete